Arnt Buschmanns Mirakel

Ludger Horstkötter (Hg.), Arnt Buschmanns Mirakel. Eine Jenseitsvision des 15. Jahrhunderts. Untersuchungen zu Textentstehung und Verbreitung mit einer Edition der Hamborner Handschrift, Münster 2016

Das Buch ist in einer durch einen Nachtrag auf S. 2 (zu Beinecke MS 1055) erweiterten Fassung von 2017 online:

http://nbn-resolving.org/urn:nbn:de:hbz:464-20170508-094408-7

Handschriften bei Quaritch in London

Katalog 1439 (PDF) enthält nur sechs ganze Handschriften, Nr. 7-58 sind Einzelblätter, Nr. 59-70 Urkunden und Briefe.

Nr. 5 (The Canon of the Mass and the Communion) stammt aus Deutschland (frühes 16. Jahrhunderts). „The format, with its generous interlinear spacing, is reminiscent of printed copies of texts produced by German universities (notably Leipzig) from c. 1500 expressly for use by students attending university lectures.“ Siehe dazu: https://archivalia.hypotheses.org/72327

Nr. 7 muss in den Handschriftencensus: „7.[ASTRONOMY.] Von den elf Himmelsphären, in Early New High German; a complete leaf written in a good formal gothic bookhand in double columns of 32 lines, dark brown ink, ruled lightly in ink, EIGHT-LINE INITIAL ‘G’ (Gott hiess Abraham das er ansehe den himel) in burnished gold and blue with elaborate penwork flourishing in red, paragraph marks alternately in red and blue (faded), capitals touched in red; recovered from use in a binding and with consequent wear, fading, soiling and tears, gold largely rubbed away from initial, but mostly legible. 246 x 159 mm (154 x 115 mm) Germany, 2nd half of 14th century.£2500 ‘Von den elf Himmelsphären’ is a short anonymous text in Early New High German on the Ptolemaic model of the planetary system. The present fragment, doubtless once part of a larger manuscript containing a number of texts, is early and of notably high quality in terms of script and decoration. It comprises almost half of the text. Matthias Miller and Karin Zimmermann record six extant manuscripts, most (possibly all) later than the present fragment: Heidelberg, Cod. Pal. germ. 291, ff. 26v–28v (Bavaria, after 1477 but before 1496), and Cod. Pal. germ. 226, ff. 97r–98v (Alsace, 1456–1469); Munich BSB MSS Cgm 349, ff. 51v–55r (‘second half of 15th century’), and Cgm 730, ff. 53r–57r (‘last quarter of 15th century’); Paris, Bibliothèque nationale, MS Allemand 106, f. 215v (‘15th century’); and Strasbourg, Bibliothèque municipal M 711, f. 38v (no date given).See M. Miller and K. Zimmermann, Die Codices Palatini germanici in der Universitätsbibliothek Heidelberg, 2005, p. 151.“ (Bild siehe unten)

Nr. 49 ist ein Fragment aus einem Psalter aus der Mitte des 9. Jahrhunderts. „Post-medieval inscriptions here read ‘Lit. C’, ‘Besigheim’, ‘Archiv’ and ‘1587’.“ Es könnte also eventuell aus einem Kraichgauer Adelsarchiv stammen.

Nr. 52 gehörte zu einem Trägerband, der dem Kloster Schuttern OSB und später der Mehrerau gehörte.

„REMIGIUS AUTISSIODORENSIS. Commentary on Bede’s De schematibus et tropis, substantial fragments of four leaves preserved in situ as the pastedowns (now unglued) and board-liners (beneath the turn-ins) of an early sixteenth-century Sammelband of printed books (Gregory the Great, Secundus dyalogorum liber . . . de vita ac miraculis beatissimi Benedicti, Venice, 1505; and Honorius Augustodunensis, Elucidarius dialogic[us] theologi[a]e tripertitus: infinitar[um] q[uae]stionu[m] resolutivus. Vade mecu[m], Basel, 1508), written in double columns in a compact Caroline minuscule in brown ink, up to 14 lines visible, ruled with a hard point (written space double-lined at inner and outer margins), one or two interlinear or marginal annotations in the hand of the scribe; slightly dust- and glue-stained, but in good condition and entirely legible. [70 x 120 mm] Southern Germany, 10th century.£12,000 Newly identified fragments of a commentary on Bede’s De schematibus et tropis which has been plausibly attributed to the prolific Carolingian schoolmaster Remigius of Auxerre (Remigius Autissiodorensis, c. 841–908); see J. P. Elder, ‘Did Remigius of Auxerre comment on Bede’s De schematibus et tropis?’, Mediaeval Studies,vol. 9, 1947, pp. 141–50. To the best of our knowledge the only previously known copy of the text is the one described by Elder, namely Vatican Library Reg. Lat.1560, ff. 127v–137r, a manuscript dating from the ninth or tenth century. The present fragments, which can be dated to the tenth century, are therefore potentially important witnesses to the text and its dissemination. The parent volume was of small format, and there are notes and corrections in the hand of the scribe, suggesting that it was copied for his own use. Provenance: The volume in which the fragments are preserved, which unites several works of didactic importance for Benedictine monks, bears the inscription on the front pastedown ‘liber Beate Marie Virg[inis] in Schuttern Anno D. 1517’ and, in the same hand on the title of the first work, ‘liber Beatissime semp[er] virginis Marie in Schuttern’ (followed by additional text, crossed through, including the date ‘1517’). This is the important imperial abbey of Schuttern in south-western Germany, which was founded, according to tradition, in 603 by the wandering Irish monk Offo and dissolved in 1806. The present fragments may therefore have been written at Schuttern. […] The volume also bears the later (eighteenth-century) inscription on the title of the first work ‘Ex Bibliotheca Monasterii Brigantini’ (i.e. Bregenz on Lake Constance)“.