„Mark your Calendars!“
The Third International Conference on the History of Records and Archives (I-CHORA 3) will be held in Boston, Massachusetts on 27-29 September 2007.
The Massachusetts Historical Society will host this third international conference.
The theme will be: „Personal Records and Recordkeeping Practices“.
A formal call for papers will be issued in early 2006.
International Conference … Amsterdam 2005
We invite you to visit the website. Read about the conference program and the abstracts of the papers presented.
The Universiteit van Amsterdam and the Archiefschool, the Netherlands Institute for Archival Education and Research, welcome you to Amsterdam for the Second International Conference on the History of Archives and Records, “Archival Affinities. Adapting and Adopting Archival Cultures”,
August 31st + September 1st + 2nd , 2005.
The 2005 conference focuses on intercultural and cross-national influences on record-keeping and archival theory, the dissemination and reception of theories and ideas on archives and record-keeping etc. Topics within this framework include:
• recordkeeping by colonizers and colonized, occupants and occupiers, etc.;
• post-colonial and post-communist recordkeeping in relation to former recordkeeping regimes;
• merging of indigenous and foreign theories, methodologies and practices;
• national influences on recordkeeping of international and multinational governmental and non-governmental organisations;
• records professionals and recordkeeping systems immigrating into other countries and cultures;
• cross-national networks of records professionals and archivistics scholars and their impact on globalisation of archival systems, theories and cultures.
The first I-CHORA conference took place in Toronto, October 2-4, 2003 (see http://www.fis.utoronto.ca/research/i-chora/home.html).
Go and see the 2005 conference website: